Tuesday, March 31, 2009

THE JOY OF ANIMATING

Awright, so things have taken a turn...

Tropfest is on hold. Now, as part of my Education studies, I am about to start work on a short documentary called THE JOY OF ANIMATION.

My fellow filmmakers (I'm working with 3 other QUT students) and I don't want it to be a "how-to-do-it" film or an industry overview... we just want to profile some talented and passionate animators talking about why they love what they do.

We'll be interviewing 4 professional animators and asking them to talk about their passion for the medium. And we're using a framing device to tie it all together... a sad, lonely animated boy named Naylor, who begins by asking the age old questions: "Where did I come from... and why am I here?"

4 comments:

  1. I was looking forward to your tropfest journey but this will also be a really great thing for all your students to follow. Love the boy's design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. doco sounds sweet terry =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, would love to see it when it's finished. It will have the back of my head as always :P The Joy of Animating... hmmm, Is the feeling of amazement when you have just finished animating and you go wow, because it looks so great and then 5 mins goes by and then you totally hate it again..:P lol, life and animation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry. Remember me? I am your Tropfest slave and conjoined gestalt entity. I ma glad you have forsworn personal glory to help the animation students, who, in themselves, through their work are a reflection, a product of your teaching and animation skills.

    ReplyDelete